Manuel's Portfolio
Fairytale First and Final Draft

Fairytale First and Final Draft

The Tale of Skywalker 

Once upon a time in a far far state called New York lived a teenager by the name of John Skywalker. He had just turned 18 in the beginning of August and was about to start college. He was overly excited but also extremely nervous. Except this first year of college would be a major turning point for his life.  

It was the end of the first week of college for John. He was doing very well coping with all the classes assignments and keeping up with his social life. Until one day he decided to try out for the basketball team since he loved the sport ever since he was a little kid. The day of tryouts he changed into shorts and a sport shirt and walked out onto the gymnasium. That is when it happened.  

“Look at the fatso,”  

“Hes enormous,”  

“he must be more than 300 pounds,” yelled out all the kids in the gym.  

“There’s no way coach will ever let you on our team,” shouted last year’s team captain. John wanted to burst out crying but he knew he must maintain his composure or else their remarks would become even worse. Instead of even staying for tryouts John packed up and left home.  

John had never received such negative comments from anyone before, which was why this time something in his mind clicked. He knew his next step to prove everyone wrong was to lose weight.  

“How can I lose all this weight as fast as possible and get abs,” exclaimed John as he proceeded to do as much research as he could that night about fat loss and muscle gain. That same night John went to his local gym and signed up for membership.  

He woke up the next morning, it was Saturday and chilly outside. John decided he was going to pursue power building, a mix of bodybuilding and powerlifting. So, he began his journey.  

The first day arriving at the gym everyone took a glance at him and began criticizing. Speaking to one another on how he will be consistent for only a week or two and give up. However, John was ready to shock the world. He had a small notepad where he wrote what his weekly routine would be. That day he began with an excruciatingly painful leg workout he found online. He did squats, leg presses, leg extensions, any leg exercise you could name John was determined to lose all the weight he could and gain as much muscle as possible. After about an hour John ran to the bathroom and vomited, he knew this would be hard but did not think it would be this bad. After the workout John went home and tracked his calories that day. One of his good friends was informing him on how to reach his goals safely and telling him what he should do. Sunday, he woke up and could barely walk; John was in excruciating soreness.  

After four months of consistency John met a lot of new people at the gym. He lost about 30 pounds of fat and was nearing the body fat percentage he wanted, however some of the new connections he made were not that good. He was in the bathroom after a workout change. 

“Hey Kid,” called out Brian. A usual gymgoer. 

“Hey Brian, what’s up,” replied to John.  

“I have a little something for you that you might like for the right price too,” 

“Oh yeah what’s that,”  

“They’re steroids they help you achieve your goals much quicker.” John had heard of steroids before and understood that they were not good. They caused major health risks that can end one’s life if not preformed properly.  

“No thanks Brian I’m fine,” said John.  

“Kid I promise you won’t regret your decision I will help you out and even give you a discount,” 

“I already said no Brian I don’t want to take steroids,”  

“Well, that’s too bad,” said Brian.  

“He rejected my offer,” said Brian to Michael.  

“don’t worry I’ll make sure he doesn’t become stronger the natural way,” replied Michael. Michael had been watching John these past few months and began to envy his progress. John was starting to lift very heavy weights and nearing similar numbers as Michael but that’s not what Michael hated the most. It is the fact that he took triple the time to reach those numbers in squat, bench press, and deadlifts compared to John, and he was named as the strongest in that gym.  

That day while John was going to bench press 250 pounds for reps. Michael decided he would sabotage him. John was on his last set going till failure, while Michael saw he was struggling on his last few reps and was going to help him as a favor. However, when John was on his last rep doing his best to push it back up Michael pushed against John and made him suffer for a good amount of time. Eventually John screamed “OOOWWWW!” he had torn his right pec.  

Michael smiling said, “are you alright John.” John was on the floor screaming in pain.  

“Why didn’t you help me” he yelled, “That is why you were behind me instead you just let me get hurt.”  

Michael, knowing what he had done, said, “don’t worry, I’ll call an ambulance, you’ll be fine John.”  Once the ambulance arrived, they rushed John to the hospital where he received proper medical attention. They were able to let him go home that same day except now he had to wear a cast for a few months. Michael was pleased with his action he believed that now his position as the strongest individual in the gym was safe.  

When John was home, he was enraged, never had he despised someone in his life before. But he was also in excruciating pain. The next day he could not do much of anything so when he went to the gym, he stuck to just cardio.  

He saw Michael and shouted, “what’s your damn problem why didn’t you pick up the weight yesterday when you saw me struggling.”  

“To me it looked like you were able to push it up,” replied Michael.  

John was furious that he did not even want to hear his excuse and just shoved him aside. He went to do to calf’s and that is when he heard it “pstt”  

“who’s that,” said john.  

“psstttt, over here.” John turned to his right and he could not believe his eyes  

“WHAT IN THE WORLD,” he shouted. A few people in the gym turned to him but the music was loud so not that many heard him. The 45-pound plate began to talk.  

“Michael didn’t accidentally help you he didn’t on purpose he’s jealous of all the progress you’ve been making.”  

“How are you even able to talk right now,” said John.  

“Don’t worry about that I’ve been watching you ever since you started working out me and my friends” 

“friends?” questioned John.  

“Hey John,” said the 25-pound plate 

“Hello John you are really strong,” said a clip and a 25-pound plate.  

“OH, my goodness, this is incredible, thanks by the way,” said john.  

“No one knows that we can talk besides you because you’re special,” said the clip.  

“How come”  

“because of your strength you’re stronger than everyone here in such a little amount of time and you will be the strongest in the world one day now you must go home because our friend is waiting for you” said the 25-pound plate.  

“Okay okay but what are your names,”  

“I’m Harry” said the 45-pound plate 

“I’m Ryan” said the 25-pound plate 

“And I’m Brenda,” said the clip.  

John rushed home and into his room and waited for their friend to arrive as they said it would.  

“JOHN!”  

“Who said that” replied John.  

“Over here,” it was John’s lifting belt that he bought a few months ago. John jumped and almost had a heart attack.  

“I think I’m going nuts” he exclaimed.  

“Don’t worry you aren’t, Now I heard what Michael did to you at the gym”  

“Yeah, it sucks but now I cannot even lift heavy weights for the next weeks,” said john.  

“Thats why I’m here,” said the belt.  

“Here this is for you.” The belt handed John a tub and he read  

“Creatine?”  

“Yes, that’s exactly what it is it will help you heal that torn pec faster and become even stronger than before”.  

“But isn’t this like steroids” questioned John.  

“NOOO of course not its better than steroids; creatine is in the meat that we eat it is more than natural and will help you in your journey.”  

“Am I supposed to take it every day?” questioned John.  

“Yes, you are and every week you must increase the amount as well but for now take 5 grams a day and you should feel the difference in a matter of days,” explained the belt  

“My name is Greg by the way now take the amount and go to bed”.  

“Alright,” said John. John did what Greg said and went to bed.  

For a few days he had been going through his normal schedule and taking the creatine. At the end of the first week, he noticed his right pec was fully healed from the tear. His training began once again when he arrived at the gym everyone was in shock, especially Michael. He was full of rage and decided it was time to challenge him to a lifting contest to finally settle who was the strongest. He went up to John and demanded  

“John I’m tired of this I challenge you to a strength contest in two months” John was already mad from what Michael did to him before and quickly accepted the challenge  

“So be it at the end of the two months we must test each other’s strength in squats, bench press, and deadlifts.”  

“Agreed,” said Michael and they shook each other’s hands.  

Then for the next two months the two continued with their training. John began going to the gym two times a day to make up for the time he spent healing from his injury. He wanted to beat Michael at this competition. He started eating more protein, sleeping whenever he could and making sure he drank all his water. His friend even came to train him the best he could. John was able to lose another 5 pounds of fat during his preparation for the competition.  

The day of the competition came. John was nervous and it was difficult for him to control his heartbeat. He went to school, finished whatever he needed too and was on his way home later that day. When he arrived home, he grabbed his gym bag and his precious belt Greg. “Don’t stress about this John you clearly put in more work compared to Michael and have the upper hand because of your genetic strength you’ll do great,” said Greg.  

“All thanks to you Greg make sure I don’t damage my back out there,” said John  

“Will do,” replied Greg.  

John took a scoop of pre-workout and when he arrived at the gym everyone was there waiting. Michael arrived soon after and they both got ready.  

“Good luck out there” said Brenda, Ryan, and Harry. When John had changed into his gym attire the whole gym was in shock. He had looked like a completely different person compared to when he just started. His arms, back, chest, and legs were huge while his waste was as small as the circumference of a plate. So, they began. 

First up was bench press.  

“You ready for this,” said Michael 

“I was born ready,” replied John. They loaded 135 onto the bench and warmed up for now. Then came 225 and they began doing singles. First 245, then 285, and eventually they got to 315. Michael was up first, he picked it up, brought it down and could not push it back up. Then came John, he easily pressed the weight back up. The score was 1-0. Next up was squats. They started the same way 135 then 225, 315 right after, and then 345, 385, until they got to 405. John was up first since he won the bench-press. He went down and came up halfway till the weight fell back down. Michael brought it down and got it up although struggling to complete it. The last test was deadlifts. They began with increasing the weight from 135. Eventually they reached 585. Michael was up first, he put his belt on, and reached down, wrapped his hands around the barbell and pulled with all his might but the weight did not budge. John was up next.  

“Goodluck kid,” said Greg.  

“Don’t pop a blood vessel now,” said Michael. John chalked up his hands, put his belt on and his favorite song. He wrapped his hands around the barbell and thought of the basketball kids making fun of him.  

“GET IT UPPP!” shouted his trainer/friend. He pulled with all the strength he had and got the weight up. Everyone shouted in favor of John they all picked him up and threw him in the air a few times.  

“HOORAAAYYYY” they all said. John went over to his magical friends  

“I knew you could do it,” said Brenda.  

“You were great out their John,” said Ryan.  

“Great Job!” shouted Harry.  

“Thanks guys,” replied John. Michael went to the Lockeroom and was sobbing. John went up to him, gave him a hug and shook hands with him, they both set their problems aside and became friends.  

Moments after a mysterious man approached John, he wore a suit and had a suitcase and said to John  

“Hey Kid, I heard about this competition occurring and I noticed you competing against the old guy I think you would be a great addition to my team,” as he handed him a business card. John almost fell to his knees, it was Gymshark the most famous fitness company out there, and they wanted to sponsor him.  

“It would be an honor sir,” exclaimed John.  

“Great, I will send you over some equipment to get you set up for your first professional powerlifting competition. We also have a photoshoot in a month over in California we will fly you out and you can help us sell some merchandise. You’ll go down in history,” said the Gymshark representative. That same day John dropped out of college and pursued powerbuilding for the rest of his career and became a major influence on all platforms for audiences of many ages pursuing fitness as a career.  

EL FIN